There’s nothing like fresh potatoes from the garden. If you’ve never had your own home-growns you can’t imagine what you’re missing.
There are so many ways to fix them, but one of our favorites is Oven Fried with Olive Oil, dried Thyme, and then Vinegar added after cooking.
If you can’t use vinegar, but all means try just the Oven Fries tossed in the oil and thyme. (Or substitute fresh lemon juice?) The thyme with the olive oil does something magical to the taste!
Be sure to buy organic potatoes if they are not your own, because you want to leave the skins on without fear of harmful chemicals.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into fries. (Thick or small depending on preference.)
- Place potatoes in baking dish and toss with olive oil and a very generous amount of dried thyme. (I use 2 rounded tablespoons of thyme for about 5 large potatoes.) (Dried thyme is better for this recipe, but if you only have fresh thyme, use the stems and chop finely.)
- For very crisp potatoes spread them in one layer. If you want them soft, you can crowd them a bit. (We like them both ways, but fix the soft more than not.)
- Bake in preheated oven 425 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until they’re done and browned lightly. (Your preference.)
- Splash with organic balsamic vinegar or organic apple cider vinegar or organic red wine vinegar. Keep tasting until you’ve got it just right.
Fabulous with a good steak. Or cook with carrots like we did and make a meal of it.
All content including pictures is copyrighted by TendingMyGarden.com. All rights are reserved.